Saint-Jean will amaze you !
With a number of nurseries producers unmatched in France, the Spring Plants Exhibition of Saint-Jean de Beauregard is the reference botanical meeting for all garden lovers ! On April 6th, 7th and 8th, come and meet nearly 250 exceptional professionals, from horticulture and art of living in the garden, and receive personalized advices to maintain and beautify your green spaces.
This spring edition will highlight Unusual Plants. Nature offers us many treasures: plants unknown or completely weird by their shape, their color, their size or their scent, this mysterious flora with incredible characteristics fascinates as much as it intrigues. Take the opportunity to spice up your garden by discovering plants as strange as original!
The Awards Ceremony will reward nurseries for their research works as well as craftsmen of the art of living in the garden for the originality and beauty of their creations.
The conferences and book signings will reveal the latest works dedicated to the garden: Didier Willery, Dominique Evrard, Pascal Prieur, Dominique Brochet, Guénolé Savina and other personalities from the horticultural world will be at the rendezvous.
Animations and workshops for young and old will divert your day: mulching, plant exchange, botanical coloring or transplanting, everyone can enjoy these moments of sharing offered by our exhibitors.
Get off the beaten track, dare originality !
Events and activities*
* all the events and activities proposed are free.
• Prizes and Trophies : Prize-giving on Friday 6th at 2pm, followed by a display of the prize-winning plants.
• Plants exchange proposed by the association Vivaces & Cie.
• Drawing in Watercolor : Organised by La sélection d’arbres et arbustes, SILENCE, ça pousse ! with Sébastien Mathieux. Bring a picture of your garden, a plant or a foliage and leave with your watercolor and a plant sample (open to all ages, runs continuously).
• Bedding or mulches for a natural garden : A space for discovering new techniques offered by the Regional National Parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse.
• Guided tours of the French-style flowering kitchen garden : 2:30pm and 4:00pm.
• For children :
Colouring: On the model of a herbarium, coloring serves as a pretext for the observation of a plant, its identification and the writing of its name on a botanical label. Workshop led by Botanique Editions (Sat and Sun at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm for 6-12 years old children).
Baby plants : workshop with the «Jardiniers en Essonne» to discover how plants live and how to take care of them (5-10 years old, sat. et sun. from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm).
Conferences and signatures
Friday 6 April 2018
3.30 pm: Toutes les plantes pour toutes les envies et toutes les situations (Ulmer editions)
Conference and book signing with Didier Willery
Saturday 7 April 2018
11.00 am: Plants brought back from China by the missionaries
Conference with Dominique Evrard
3.00 pm: La pratique de la taille raisonnée des arbustes (Ulmer editions)
Conference and signature with Pascal Prieur followed by a demonstration of pruning
Sunday 8 April 2018
11.00 am: Toutes les plantes pour sols calcaires
Conference and signature with Dominique Brochet
3.00 pm: Hémérocalle, cultivez l’éphémère
Conference and signature with Guénolé Savina