Saint-Jean makes the rain and the good weather !
The 2020 spring edition of France’s largest Plants Festival will focus on a topical subject : climate change and its consequences for the garden. On April 24, 25 and 26, come to the Domain of Saint- Jean de Beauregard to meet 250 exhibitors and gather advice, tips and tricks from the best European nursery producers. Trees, shrubs, bulbs, grasses, climbers, roses and rare perennials, furniture, decoration, accessories, clothing, crafts will be at your disposal to allow you to create and maintain your bubble of happiness.
These last two years have been trying for plants. The multiple episodes of drought strongly affected the work of the gardeners and made their task more difficult. Dry land plants will therefore have a special place at this spring’s event.
You will also be able, through conferences, round table and animations, to discover how to prevent and combat drought in your gardens, how to choose the plants that will be happy on your land, how to save water by reducing watering and also know new behaviors to adopt in the face of these climate changes.
The presentation of the Prizes and Trophies will reward, as usual, the research and constant improvement work of nurserymen and creators of the art of living in the garden.
Come to the gates of Paris for a unique horticultural encounter !
Events and activities*
* all the events and activities proposed are free.
• Prizes and Trophies : Prize-giving on Friday 24th at 2pm, followed by an exhibition of the award-winning plants.
• Edible rose baptism : by the 3-star Chef of the restaurant «Le Cinq» in Paris, Chrystian Le-Squer – Friday April 24 at 3:30 pm on Floriplantes stand.
• Biocontrol : reducing the pressure of insect pests thanks to pheromones – By Azerty Bois
• Restoration of old tools : by Passion Outils Anciens – Bring your tools to repair !
• Tasting offered : jams, jellies, chutney, drinks … of Hawthorn fruits – Jardins en Marche Nursery.
• Demonstration of wood cutting : animated by the company Jack Lumber – garden tools (continuously).
• Explanatory demonstration of sharpening on stones : proposed by A.Z. Concepts (continuously).
• Plants exchange proposed by the association Vivaces & Cie.
• Drawing in Watercolor : Organised by La sélection d’arbres et arbustes, SILENCE, ça pousse ! with Sébastien Mathieux. Bring a picture of your garden, a plant or a foliage and leave with your watercolor and a plant sample (open to all ages, runs continuously).
• Mulching with the Oyas for a natural garden : A space for discovering new techniques offered by the Regional National Parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse.
• Guided tours of the French-style flowering kitchen garden : 2:30pm and 4:00pm.
• For children :
Créaterrarium : workshop led by Gramterrarium (Saturday & Sunday at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. for 6-12 year olds)
Gardening workshop : workshop with the «Jardiniers en Essonne» (saturday & sunday or the 4-10 years olds)
Conferences and signatures
Friday 24 April 2020
3.30 pm: Climate change, which plants for tomorrow ?
Round table with horticultural specialists : climatologist, journalists, nurserymen, gardeners.
Saturday 25 April 2020
11.00 am: Discovering the Camellias
Conference with Max Hill
2.30 pm: Demonstration of Floral Art
Hosted by the Association of Luxembourg Course Auditors (A.A.C.L)
4.00 pm: The world of cactus
Conference and signature with Norbert Rebmann
Sunday 26 April 2020
11.00 am: Garden of native plants
Conference and signature with Dominique Brochet Lanvin (Terran Editions)
3.00 pm: Faced with climate change – Mulches and Oyas
Conference Stéphane Loriot (PNR de la Haute Vallée de Chevreuse)