Fantasy comes to Saint-Jean !
On the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of September, the Autumn Plants Festival will bloom at the Château de Saint-Jean de Beauregard. Located less than 30 minutes south of Paris in a green setting, the Domaine will host nearly 250 exhibitors who offer an incomparable selection of plants. Trees, shrubs, bulbous plants, grasses, vines, roses and rare perennials will be within everyone’s reach. These three days will be a great opportunity to meet the best nursery growers in Europe and get quality and personalized advice.
Unusual Plants will amaze visitors. Unexpected, absurd, infrequent, they will fascinate by their shapes, their colors or their scents and will allow amateur and seasoned gardeners to sow a grain of eccentricity in their garden !
This year again the Plant Festival of Saint-Jean de Beauregard is associated with the Gastronomy Festival, newly renamed «Good France» in order to support healthy, local and eco-responsible food on our territories and to highlight the quality of the products and the know-how of our exhibitors. Conviviality and sharing, will be at the rendezvous around several animations.
The awarding of the Prizes and Trophies will reward the work of the nurserymen as well as that of the creators of the art of living in the garden. Conferences, animations and several workshops will distract children of all ages.
Offer extraordinary to your exteriors !
Events and activities*
* All the events and activities proposed are free.
• Prizes and Trophies : prize-giving ceremony on Friday 21nd of September at 2.00 pm and exhibition of the award-winning plants.
• Price from Earth to the Table : two awards organized by Rustica Magazine, awarded by the editorial team and bloggers from the garden world. Announcement of the winners Sept. 21, following the presentation of the Prizes and Trophies.
• Drawing with 4 hands : organized by the selection of trees and shrubs, SILENCE, it grows! with Sébastien Mathieux. Coaching for the garden: bring a photo of your garden, plant or foliage and leave with a superb design and a small gift (open to all ages, continuously).
• League for the Protection of Birds of Ile-de-France : educational activities and awareness of the protection of birds – observation workshops and games (open to all ages).
• Exhibition of tomatoes : nearly 1500 varieties on display ! Tasting and workshop «Grainage» continuously.
• Orchards and regional varieties : exhibition of traditional varieties of apples and pears and arboricultural advice from the Croqueurs de Pommes d’Ile-de-France.
• Yesterday’s and today’s vegetables : discovery of various traditional varieties of vegetables from Saint-Jean de Beauregard kitchen garden.
• Guided tours of the French-style flowering kitchen garden : 2.30 pm and 4.00 pm
For children :
• League for the Protection of Birds IDF : educational activities and awareness of
the protection of birds: observation workshops and games.
• Gardening workshop : Supervised by Gardeners in Essonne to discover the culture of plants (for
children aged 5-10 – Sat and Sun from 10:30 am to 12:30 am and from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm)
Conferences & Book signing
Friday 21 September 2018
3:30 pm : Florilège du Jardin de Brécy
Conference and signature with Béatrice Saalburg
Saturday 22 September 2018
11:00 am : Le Nuancier du Jardin (ed. Ulmer)
Conference and signature with Alexandra Torossian
and Morgane Ilin
3:00 pm : Une Envie de Jardin (ed. C. Grange)
Conference and signature with Jean-Paul Imbault
Sunday 23 September 2018
Sunday 23 September 2018
11:00 am : Courges, melons, concombres, etc (ed. Ulmer)
Conference and signature with David Henriet
3:00 pm : La Tomate de Mères en Filles
Conference with José Antoine